CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Saturday, June 1, 2013, Carowinds kicks off their 40 th anniversary summer celebration with a birthday party packed full of fun - and cake, the largest ever served on the state line!
When it debuted in 1973, Carowinds was located in the small city of Charlotte and the smaller town of Fort Mill, SC. In the last forty years as the metropolitan areas have grown and evolved, so has the park. Its original size of 73 acres has grown to 398 of rides and attractions, including 13 world class coasters, most of which travel at speeds, heights and curves that were unimaginable back in 1973. Four original rides continue to entertain visitors today: The Scrambler, The Carolina Goldrusher coaster, Snoopy's Junction train, and the iconic Carolina Skytower.
Carowinds opened for daily operation on June 2, 1973, to an enthusiastic crowd. They enjoyed the day in their bellbottoms and mini skirts and have been coming to enjoy the park's thrills, shows and attractions ever since!Join us as we celebrate our history and look forward to many more decades of fun!
- Price of admission on this special 40th anniversary day? Well, $40 of course!
- Special next-day ticket price through the entire month of June. Didn't get to squeeze in all your fun on your first day? Come back the next day for only $19.73.
- The Marvelous Mutts, these talented canines will amaze you with their tricks and speed! June 10-16 at the Intimidator infield
- King BMX Show, riders entertain audiences with their high-flying stunts, flips and power! June 27-30 in Cobra Plaza
- Gradfest, a graduation celebration with dance parties, concerts and more June 14
- Return to Pirate Island, Argh Matey! Get ready to set forth with the little ones on a trip for buried treasure and more! Boomerang Bay July 8-14,
- Lunch with the Peanuts Gang, interactive character meal puts you at the head of the table!In our Rose Room VIP venue July 15-19.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV