Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:57 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday.
Diamond Offshore (DO) was upgraded by JPMorgan and downgraded by Morgan Stanley. Cramer callied it a "split" on the ratings and was neutral on the stock. DO rose 1% to $70.90.
Avago Technologies (AVGO) reported better-than-expected earnings. Cramer liked that, saying that "if you do that in tech, the stock goes higher." AVGO jumped 9.9% to close at $37.82.Citigroup thinks Mondelez (MDLZ) should be bought on weakness. "It's been a magical stock," Cramer agreed. MDLZ fell 2.3% to $29.60. Ford Motor (F) has seen heavy buying in the past few trading sessions on optimism over stabilization in Europe. "Ford's going higher," Cramer predicted. F rose to $15.90, up 1.7%. Alcoa (AA) was downgraded to junk status, a move Cramer questioned. "Alcoa is doing better than we think," he said. AA fell 1.1% to $8.49. Staples (SPLS) will go higher despite a more downbeat conference call than investors expected, Cramer concluded. SPLS ended the day flat at $14.98. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in New York..
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV