BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The bull market rampage keeps on keeping on in May, after a correction last week gave way to another round of buying on Monday. All told, it's been more than 100 days since the last three-day losing streak in the Dow, an all-time record that the blue-chip index managed to pull off (albeit just barely) after clawing its way higher before last Friday's close.
If you think that the lack of losing days in stocks is a reason to be a seller, think again. This is one of the most hated market rallies in history, and stocks are climbing in spite of a lack of active buyers -- not because of exuberant stock bulls.
Instead, this rally looks structural right now. It's being fueled by a combination of the Fed's battle with deflation and a selling population that's already given up the ghost. That's why, as buying opportunities pop up in names right now, it makes sense to keep buying.Today we'll take a technical look at five stock trades that look attractive. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy as Stocks Bounce So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV