NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Governments around the nation, like corporations, are challenged to do more with less. One innovative state, Tennessee, is seeking to achieve greater efficiencies across 10.5 million square feet of its real estate portfolio. To drive the most advanced assessment and implementation of portfolio strategy of any state known to date, Tennessee selected commercial real estate leader Jones Lang LaSalle to provide comprehensive facility management services for its state-owned and leased office facilities throughout Tennessee. This facilities management partnership is expected to save the State an estimated $50 million over the next five years.
"In our ongoing efforts to enhance Tennessee's government, we are implementing new strategies that allow the State to reduce costs and improve the work environment for our employees," said Steve Cates, Department of General Services Commissioner, State of Tennessee. "Real estate represents a significant opportunity to improve efficiency, enhance performance and save taxpayer dollars."
The State's objectives in outsourcing facility management services are to:
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve the quality and timeliness of services
- Implement "best in class" real estate practices
- Provide continuous innovation and leadership
- Provide scalable and flexible energy and sustainability solutions for state buildings
Jones Lang LaSalle was hired in 2012 to assist in the implementation of Commissioner Cates' vision to reduce the state's real estate portfolio by more than one million square feet. Jones Lang LaSalle completed an in-depth facility assessment of 33 state buildings, covering 4.6 million square feet. A master occupancy plan also was completed, which contained recommendations for more efficient use and operation of state real estate. The plan identified under- and over-utilized properties and included recommendations to optimize the short- and long-term capital asset program.The State launched Transforming Tennessee for Tomorrow (T3) – to move approximately 14,000 employees from expensive or outdated office space into more efficient and improved buildings. This program has resulted in updated office space, increasing employee productivity by significantly improving the work environment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV