MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Collaboration on Synopsys' StarRC™ and QuickCap® tools for 3-D parasitic extraction
- Solution deployed by early adopters of TSMC FinFET process
- Includes Synopsys' IC Compiler™, IC Validator, StarRC, PrimeTime®, Laker® Layout, Galaxy Custom Designer®, FineSIM™ and CustomSIM™ products and solutions
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced that TSMC has certified a comprehensive list of custom and digital design tools from Synopsys for 16-nm FinFET process Design Rule Manual (DRM) and SPICE V0.1. TSMC's certification is built on early collaboration for extraction and modeling of 3-D parasitics in FinFET devices and extends to full-line design implementation solutions. Certification includes all the relevant 16-nm technology routing rules, verification runsets, extraction rundecks and Interoperable Process Design Kits (iPDK). Results from the collaboration are enabling early adopters of the TSMC 16-nm process to realize the potential of FinFET technology to develop faster and more power-efficient designs.
The certified Synopsys Galaxy Implementation Platform features comprehensive support for TSMC 16-nm V0.1 design rules. TSMC has certified a full suite of Synopsys implementation tools that are FinFET-ready. This includes:
- IC Compiler: Innovative double patterning technology (DPT)-aware placement and routing provides optimal area and performance results that can be reliably decomposed during manufacturing
- IC Validator: DRC and DPT rule compliance check verifying FinFET parameters including fin boundary rules and expanding dummy cells.
- PrimeTime: Accurate delay calculation and timing analysis to include impact of double patterning
- StarRC: Extraction of parasitics impacted by the 3-D structure of FinFET devices and relevant extensions to Interconnect Technology Format (ITF)
- FineSim and CustomSIM: Correct and accurate functionality with the FinFET BSIM-CMG models
- Custom Designer and Laker Layout: Improved productivity through connectivity-assisted editing with support for 16-nm constraints to help manage design-rule complexity