HOUSTON, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rowan Companies plc ("Rowan" or the "Company") (NYSE: RDC) announced the appointment of Tore I. Sandvold to its Board of Directors effective as of May 31, 2013. Mr. Sandvold has over 30 years of experience in the oil and energy industry, having served in the Norwegian Ministry of Industry, Oil & Energy in a variety of positions, including as Director General, as the Counselor for Energy in the Norwegian Embassy in Washington, D.C., and as executive Chairman of Petoro AS, the Norwegian state-owned oil company. Mr. Sandvold also serves on several boards of directors, including Schlumberger Limited and Teekay Corporation. Mr. Sandvold is also executive Chairman of Sandvold Energy AS, an advisory company in the energy business.
Jack Lentz, Rowan's Chairman of the Board, stated, "We are delighted to have Mr. Sandvold join our Board. We are confident that his vast experience in the energy sector will contribute significantly to the Company."
Rowan Companies plc is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services with a leading position in high-specification jack-up rigs. The Company's fleet of 31 jack-up rigs is located worldwide, including the Middle East, the North Sea, Trinidad, Egypt, Southeast Asia and the Gulf of Mexico. Rowan will enter the ultra-deepwater market with four high-specification drillships expected to be delivered starting in late 2013. The Company's Class A Ordinary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "RDC". For more information on the Company, please visit www.rowancompanies.com.SOURCE Rowan Companies plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV