SAN JOSE, Calif., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Vocera Communications, Inc. (NYSE: VCRA) today announced that its subsidiary, ExperiaHealth, a national leader in helping hospitals and health systems humanize the healthcare experience, received the 4th Annual Dorland Health "Case In Point" Platinum Award for Discharge Planning Program for its Good to Go® solution. The award marks the most recent industry recognition bestowed on the Good to Go solution for improving patient experience and driving down readmission rates with personalized healthcare technology.
The Dorland Case In Point Platinum Awards program recognizes healthcare organizations that are decreasing fragmentation, ensuring safe transitions of care and containing escalating healthcare costs across the continuum. The Platinum Awards selected the Good to Go solution for its impact on patient outcomes and satisfaction at Cullman Regional Medical Center ( Cullman, Ala.), a Tier 1 heart and stroke center. Since implementing the solution, Cullman Regional Medical Center reduced readmissions by 15 percent and increased patient satisfaction Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores by more than 60 percent.
"We have reengineered our discharge process with the Good to Go solution, and it's making a tremendous impact on patient engagement, satisfaction and outcomes," said Cheryl Bailey, BSN, MBA, chief nursing officer and vice president of patient care services at Cullman Regional Medical Center. "We constantly strive to deliver the very best to our patients by blending healthcare best practices with advanced technology. With Good to Go, families and patients know we are there for them at every point during and after discharge."A personalized multimedia technology, the Good to Go solution records live discharge instructions, delivers condition specific education, assigns next steps and sends follow-up appointment reminders that are available to patients and their families 24/7 via any phone, computer or tablet. Cullman Regional Medical Center's success with Good to Go has also earned the hospital the following industry awards: 2013 Robert Wood Johnson Foundation "Care About Your Care" program recognition; 2013 Health Data Management Nursing I.T. Innovation Gold Award; and 2012 Modern Healthcare Spirit of Excellence Award for Patient Safety. "Vocera is honored to receive so much industry recognition for our Good to Go solution. We are especially pleased because we worked closely with healthcare executives, physicians and nurses to custom design a technology that was clinician approved to make a real difference in the delivery and experience of care," said Steve Jackson, chief operating officer at ExperiaHealth, a subsidiary of Vocera Communications. In addition to growing industry recognition, the Good to Go solution also features several product enhancements, including:
- Care Calls workflow management streamlines patient follow-up calls using best practice checklists, guided call scripts, risk stratification information and recorded discharge instructions to improve patient engagement and compliance.
- Performance Analytics tools identify gaps in experience and communication across the care continuum, providing meaningful insight into organizational performance, patient engagement and readmissions.
- Care Rounds measure and manage patient satisfaction during a hospital stay, allowing organizations to activate improvement or prevention initiatives as needed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV