ORLANDO, Fla., May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Lobster knows guests love Cheddar Bay Biscuits so the signature starter has been incorporated into an entree for the first time ever with the Cheddar Bay Biscuit Shrimp-&-Lobster Pot Pie. Cheddar Bay Biscuits were introduced in 1992 and have become an iconic part of Red Lobster; they even have their own Facebook page, which was created by fans. Biscuits are baked fresh every 15 minutes and Red Lobster serves roughly 395 million biscuits every year—that's almost 1.1 million daily.
The Cheddar Bay Biscuit Shrimp-&-Lobster Pot Pie is available through July 7 as part of Red Lobster's Seaside Mix & Match for $12.99* promotion. This dish features a combination of shrimp, lobster and vegetables in a creamy sauce, topped with a Cheddar Bay Biscuit crust.
In addition to this dish, there are six other entrees available during Seaside Mix & Match, allowing guests to pair combinations of new and classic dishes at an affordable price. Start with a crisp salad and unlimited Cheddar Bay Biscuits, then choose two options from seven entrees—all for just $12.99. Entree choices include:
- New! Cheddar Bay Biscuit Shrimp-&-Lobster Pot Pie: With peas and carrots in a creamy sauce topped with a Cheddar Bay Biscuit.
- New! Crunchy Parmesan Ranch Shrimp: Hand-breaded shrimp tossed with savory Parmesan-ranch seasoning, served with creamy garlic ranch.
- New! Shrimp & Scallops Linguini: With fresh tomatoes, basil and a white wine-lemon sauce.
- Tropical BBQ Glazed Chicken: A jerk-grilled chicken breast with sweet papaya-BBQ sauce and fresh pineapple salsa.
- Garlic-Grilled Shrimp: Over wild rice pilaf.
- Hand-Breaded Shrimp: Hand-breaded shrimp fried to a golden brown.
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi: Tender shrimp oven-broiled in a buttery garlic sauce.