- Following the prior successful completion of four pharmacokinetic (PK) clinical studies, the Company held a Type B meeting regarding RHB-101 with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Based on the FDA's positive feedback, the Company plans to conduct additional Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) and PK work prior to submission of a New Drug Application (NDA) of RHB-101
- The Company also plans to conduct CMC work prior to submission of a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to market RHB-101 in Europe, with Denmark as the reference member state for the European Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP)
- On May 28, 2013, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) issued a new patent covering RHB-101 entitled "Controlled release carvedilol compositions," which expires no earlier than 2024
TEL-AVIV, Israel, May 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RedHill Biopharma Ltd. (Nasdaq:RDHL) (TASE:RDHL) (the "Company" or "RedHill"), an emerging Israeli biopharmaceutical company focused primarily on the development and acquisition of late clinical-stage, patent-protected, new formulations and combinations of existing drugs, reported that it recently concluded a positive Type B meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding its cardio drug RHB-101, a controlled release, proprietary, once-daily formulation of carvedilol, for the treatment of congestive heart failure and hypertension.
Following the positive FDA meeting, the Company plans to submit a New Drug Application (NDA) seeking marketing approval of RHB-101 in the U.S. Based on the FDA's feedback, prior to the NDA submission, the Company plans to conduct additional Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) work and to conduct a comparative bioavailability study and a dose linearity study.
The planned single dose comparative bioavailability study versus Coreg CR ® (the branded controlled release carvedilol marketed by GSK in the U.S.) is intended to assess the comparability of RHB-101 pharmacokinetics to Coreg CR ® and follows the prior successful completion of four pharmacokinetic (PK) clinical trials comparing RHB-101 to Eucardic ® (the branded immediate release carvedilol marketed by Roche in Europe, equivalent to Coreg ®).Following positive results in a recent meeting held with the Danish Health and Medicines Authority (DKMA), the Company plans to submit a Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) in Europe for RHB-101, with Denmark as the reference member state for the European Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP). Based on the response in the official minutes of the meeting with the DKMA, RedHill believes that, while additional CMC work is required, no further clinical studies will be required prior to submission of the MAA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV