NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Last week I profiled 18 retail-wholesale stocks in two posts, the front nine and the back nine. Today I provide a scorecard and updated buy-and-trade profiles.
There were more earnings beats (or birdies) than misses (or bogies) with 11 birdies and only three bogies. This round of earnings was thus eight under par, but stocks moving higher versus lower equaled at nine up and nine down through Tuesday's closes.
Among the 18 retail stocks only three are slightly undervalued. Among the 15 overvalued names, 11 are overvalued by double-digit percentages, seven are overvalued by more than 20%.
Two stocks were downgraded to hold from buy following their earnings reports.
The scorecard of past gains is quite good with 10 gaining more than 20% over the last 12 months, four by more than 50%. Despite 16 of 18 having buy ratings, the projected gains for the buy rated retailers is only 5.0% to 8.5% over the next 12 months. There is also risk of reversion to the mean with 16 of 18 trading above their 200-day simple moving averages (SMA). Here are the post-earnings profiles for the 18 retail-wholesale stocks that reported last week:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV