LOS ANGELES, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, OurTime.com, the largest online dating community for 50+ singles, reveals new data that offers insight into what - and who - is behind the ever-growing trend of Boomers and senior online dating. Consider there are 107MM singles in U.S., and more than 1/3 of them are over 50!* Yet despite their prevalence, this influential and growing demographic of daters remains largely misunderstood. According to OurTime.com, these tech-savvy singles come from every background, every part of the country and every walk of life – and are blowing the lid off pre-conceived notions around what it means to be 50, 60, and even 70+ and single.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61869-match-com-ourtime-com-50-plus-dating-by-the-numbers-singles-site
"This is a vibrant, growing community of singles that's taking the dating scene by storm, and rightfully so," said Dr. Terri Orbuch, relationship expert for OurTime.com. "By and large this age group is happier, more secure, and even feeling sexier than their younger counterparts. They also are a better judge of the type of person who will make them happy, so it's the perfect stage of life to be looking for love."
Internal member data from OurTime.com, as well as information from sister-site Match.com's 2013 Singles in America survey, paints a surprising picture of the 50+ online dating demographic.Just who are these 50+ daters?
- Single Moms and Dads Comprise the Population: The membership ratio for OurTime.com is 45% men to 55% women, and 69% of these sassy singles are single parents.
- The Wedding Bells Aren't Ringing: Almost 70% of OurTime.com members have previously wed ( 54% Divorced, and 15% Widowed), but only 20% of members in their 50s are willing to walk down the aisle again (compared to 8% in their 60s and 5% in their 70s).
- Senior and Surfing… Online: OurTime.com members log-on an average of 44 times and view 81 profiles over a 90-day period. And 1 in 5 OurTime.com members will log-on through a mobile device, with the iPad being their first choice!
- Outdoorsy Types: "Nature and Outdoors" is the #1 interest stated on profiles by male and female OurTime members (54%). For male members, sports ranks # 2 (30%) and fitness came in third (30%). For females, the #2 interest was family and friends (43%), while travel was #3 (33%).
- Hot & Happy: 87% of singles ages 50-70 said physical attraction between a partner was a "must have," and singles 65+ are happier with their love lives than singles in their 20s (62% vs. 53%).
- Ubiquitous Elders: Given the growth of the demographic, it's no surprise that OurTime.com has seen membership jump 66% in the last two years. But online dating is booming for 50+ singles in certain cities, especially. Based on internal data, OurTime.com has determined the Top 10 fastest growing cities for 50+ dating:
- Kansas City, MO
- Tucson, AZ
- San Diego, CA
- Rochester, NY
- St. Louis, MO
- Austin, TX
- Cincinnati, OH
- San Jose, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Bridgeport, CT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV