Faro Technologies ( FARO) designs, develops, manufactures, markets portable, software driven, 3D measurement and imaging systems used in a range of manufacturing, industrial, building construction and forensic applications. This stock closed up 2.1% at $37.50 on Tuesday.
Tuesday's Volume: 219,000
Average Volume: 141,039
Volume % Change: 200%
From a technical perspective, FARO gapped higher here right above some near-term support at $36.28 with above-average volume. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last month, with shares moving higher from its low of $32.50 to its recent high of $39.07. During that move, shares of FARO have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed FARO within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if FARO manages to clear its 200-day at $37.74 and its 50-day at $38.34 and then once it takes out more resistance at $39.07 with high volume.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FARO as long as it's trending above some key near-term support at $36.28 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 141,039 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then FARO will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $42 to $44. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Madison, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV