Demandware (DWRE) provides software-as-a-service e-commerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized e-commerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. This stock closed up 2.5% to $31.68 on Tuesday.
Tuesday's Volume: 478,000
Average Volume: 249,288
Volume % Change: 100%
From a technical perspective, DWRE bounced higher here right off some near-term support at $31 with above-average volume. This move briefly pushed shares of DWRE into breakout territory, since the stock flirted with some near-term overhead resistance at $31.71. Shares of DWRE closed just below that breakout level at $31.68, and volume was well above its three-month average action of 249,288 shares. This stock is now quickly moving within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if DWRE manages to take out Tuesday's high of $31.88 and then once it clears more resistance at $33.89 to its all-time high at $34.27 with high volume.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DWRE as long as it's trending above Tuesday's low of $31.03 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 249,288 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DWRE will set up to enter new all-time high territory above $34.27, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $40 to $43. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Madison, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV