MAIDENHEAD, United Kingdom, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Acuo Technologies®, a world leader in high-performance software and services for clinical content management and data migration and now part of Lexmark's Perceptive Software, announced today that KLAS recently released the results of a Performance Report entitled "PACS in the U.K." that names Acuo as the "independent VNA frontrunner."
PACS replacement activity is high in the U.K. as regional contracts with healthcare trusts begin to come up for renewal. As part of the PACS replacement initiative, many providers are also implementing vendor neutral archives (VNAs) to improve interoperability of clinical content across disparate healthcare facilities, departments and data silos. Of providers surveyed in the KLAS report that are considering a VNA, Acuo received the most "first choice" votes.
The KLAS report went on to say that Acuo has "an advantage because they already have won several significant VNA tenders in the U.K." These tenders include selection as the national VNA platform for Wales and regional NHS Trust consortiums in Sussex and Surrey, Salisbury, Wight and South Hampshire (SWASH), North Bristol, Doncaster and Gloucester. KLAS reported that only 6% of those interviewed in the study already have a VNA in place. Acuo's regional experience and momentum positions the company as a strong contender for new VNA selections in the U.K. and mainland Europe in the months to come.Acuo often works with PACS vendors, data storage vendors and other healthcare IT partners as part of a comprehensive clinical content management solution, including migration of clinical data to and from PACS archives. Acuo's Universal Clinical Platform provides a comprehensive solution for clinical abstraction and life cycle management of all diagnostic images and related content, including an integrated XDS registry and repository embedded within the VNA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV