A doubling in any of the companies mentioned is entirely possible, but it would be irrational. More likely, there could be a pullback in these companies, especially with solar energy plays. It will take several quarters to be sure that the glut in solar panels is ending, and that price erosion is moderating. Investors should favor solar suppliers whose costs are declining.
Sony shares could move either way in the near term. If a spinoff is planned, shares will keep rising. Conversely, Valeant will likely sustain its upward move despite the recent gains. The merger is enhancing shareholder value. This also gives the company growth in the area of dermatology.
Written by Chris Lau
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV