4. As of noon trading, AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) is down $1.07 (-0.8%) to $137.51 on average volume Thus far, 395,971 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 919,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $137.43-$140.29 after having opened the day at $139.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $138.58. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. engages in the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership, and operation of multifamily communities in the United States. AvalonBay Communities has a market cap of $17.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 67.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates AvalonBay Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full AvalonBay Communities Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts