3. As of noon trading, Gilead ( GILD) is up $0.42 (0.75) to $56.23 on average volume Thus far, 4.5 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $56.11-$56.82 after having opened the day at $56.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.81. Gilead Sciences, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes human therapeutics for the treatment of life threatening diseases in North America, Europe, and Asia. Gilead has a market cap of $85.1 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 31.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 52.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Gilead a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gilead as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Gilead Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts