The proposed deal with CapLease will provide one of the few missing components for ARCP's growing net lease brand: management. In short, I have often suggested that ARCP would become a great REIT as soon as it builds out a management team and now that ARCP is rolling up LSE's management team, I believe that ARCP has all of the ingredients to become a dynamite dividend brand.
The synergies between ARCP and LSE will provide not only a sound financial structure (ARCP will also increase its percentage of investment grade tenants) but also a fully-integrated operating platform, that in my opinion, has been the missing link for the three-year old REIT.
Also, ARCP has continually paid out dividends (three increases this year) and the impact with the proposed LSE is expected to be highly accretive by around 10%. ARCP's payout ratio is around $.94 and the revised earnings (mid-point guidance of $1.19) forecast will reduce the payout ratio and provide meaningful safety for dividend investors.
The merger is still not official until the end of the "go-shop" period commencing immediately and ending on July 7, 2013. The merger agreement does provide for a termination fee and expense reimbursement of $15 million if CapLease terminates (and elects to accept a superior bid).At the time of publication, the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @swan_investor This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV