Hugoton Royalty (NYSE: HGT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.60%. Hugoton Royalty Trust operates as an express trust in the United States. The company holds an 80% net profits interests in certain natural gas producing working interest properties of XTO Energy Inc. XTO Energy Inc. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.06. The average volume for Hugoton Royalty has been 159,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hugoton Royalty has a market cap of $382.8 million and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 30.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hugoton Royalty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HGT's share price has jumped by 34.91%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- HGT has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- The gross profit margin for HUGOTON ROYALTY TRUST is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. HGT has managed to maintain the strong profit margin since the same quarter of last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HGT's net profit margin of 96.92% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- HUGOTON ROYALTY TRUST's earnings per share declined by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, HUGOTON ROYALTY TRUST reported lower earnings of $0.58 versus $1.40 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income has decreased by 20.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $9.83 million to $7.82 million.
- You can view the full Hugoton Royalty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts