Niska Gas Storage Partners (NYSE: NKA) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.70%. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC owns and operates natural gas storage assets in North America. The average volume for Niska Gas Storage Partners has been 144,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Niska Gas Storage Partners has a market cap of $499.1 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 32.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Niska Gas Storage Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS continued to lose money by earning -$0.63 versus -$2.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.59 versus -$0.63).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 44.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS is rather high; currently it is at 56.70%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NKA's net profit margin of -2.83% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 108.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $15.64 million to -$1.28 million.
- You can view the full Niska Gas Storage Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts