Intersections (NASDAQ: INTX) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.10%. Intersections Inc. provides consumer identity risk management services in the United States. Its services help consumers understand and monitor their credit profiles and other personal information, and protect themselves against identity theft or fraud. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.94. The average volume for Intersections has been 88,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intersections has a market cap of $178.4 million and is part of the diversified services industry. Shares are up 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Intersections as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, INTX has a quick ratio of 1.60, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, INTERSECTIONS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $10.33 million or 27.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, INTERSECTIONS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.80%.
- The gross profit margin for INTERSECTIONS INC is rather high; currently it is at 67.90%. Regardless of INTX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.90% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Intersections Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts