Ryman Hospitality Properties (NYSE: RHP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.90%. Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc. owns and operates hotels in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 311.15. The average volume for Ryman Hospitality Properties has been 830,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ryman Hospitality Properties has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ryman Hospitality Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 792.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.03 million to $53.78 million.
- RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.60 versus $0.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.95 versus -$0.60).
- RHP, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, RYMAN HOSPITALITY PPTYS INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Ryman Hospitality Properties Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts