5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: AEP, GSK, CVI, NGLS, RHP
Targa Resources Partners (NYSE: NGLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.70%. Targa Resources Partners LP provides midstream natural gas, natural gas liquid (NGL), terminaling, and crude oil gathering services in the United States. The company operates in two divisions, Gathering and Processing, and Logistics and Marketing. The company has a P/E ratio of 67.29. The average volume for Targa Resources Partners has been 460,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Targa Resources Partners has a market cap of $5.0 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 31.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Targa Resources Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $171.70 million or 17.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.08%.
- NGLS, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.50%. Regardless of NGLS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.78% trails the industry average.
- TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.20 versus $1.98 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 15.0% in earnings ($1.02 versus $1.20).
- You can view the full Targa Resources Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV