Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) is a staple name in laboratories across the globe - the firm supplies a massive catalog of scientific instruments, laboratory equipment, and consumables to customers in the life-science, health care and environmental science industries. In all, Thermo Fisher boasts more than 350,000 customers spread all over the globe.
TMO's business differs from, say, an office supply company because the firm's offerings reach far higher up the value chain -- TMO isn't merely a supplier, it also develops the scientific instruments that it sells. The firm's high-end mass spectrometry equipment, for example, leads the industry in sales, giving TMO a big advantage in selling the more commoditized consumables that it offers. International sales are a big opportunity for TMO as firms in other countries ramp up their laboratory presence. Because Thermo Fisher already owns inroads into markets like China and India, it's among the best positioned to supply those markets.Thermo Fisher's balance sheet has a reasonable amount of leverage for a firm that operates in a capital-intense business. More importantly, TMO throws off significant cash from its operations, enabling it to build up a $1 billion safety net. With rising analyst sentiment building in this Rocket Stock, we're betting on shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV