NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Lindsey Bell and Andrew Krill highlight some of the important events taking place in this Memorial Day-shortened week.
Bell and Krill are mostly focused on the end of the week, with earnings and economic data being the most important.
Krill is watching Costco (COST) as it reports earnings on Thursday. He expects double-digit earnings growth. He added, "We like that 75% of profits are recurring from the annual membership fee."
"Domestically, we're going to have our eye on the second look at first-quarter GDP," Krill also said. The government plans to release that report on Thursday. Krill says he's looking to see whether the number will be revised higher, as it recently disappointed investors by being slightly below consensus.Bell is watching European unemployment numbers which are due out on Friday. If they disappoint U.S. investors, they likely will create a buy-the-dip opportunity. Krill added thatGeneral Electric (GE) and Eaton (ETN) recently told investors that they have seen a stabilization in their European operations. With Europe appearing to have bottomed, Bell said she likes TRW Automotive Holdings (TRW) priced at less than $60. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV