Philip Morris International Inc. Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (PM)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL increased its bottom line by earning $5.18 versus $4.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.62 versus $5.18).
- The gross profit margin for PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL is rather high; currently it is at 69.80%. Regardless of PM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PM's net profit margin of 28.01% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,363.00 million or 28.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL has marginally lower results.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Tobacco industry average. The net income has decreased by 1.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,161.00 million to $2,125.00 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.