JERSEY CITY, N.J. and CHICAGO, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Knight Capital Group, Inc. (NYSE Euronext: KCG) ("Knight") and GETCO Holding Company, LLC ("GETCO") announced today that KCG Holdings, Inc. ("KCG"), the new holding company that will be the parent company of Knight and GETCO after the close of the pending merger between Knight and GETCO, has received notice that the registration statement on Form S-4 related to the merger has been declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission. Additionally, special meetings for Knight stockholders and GETCO voting unitholders to consider and vote on matters relating to the proposed merger between the two companies have both been scheduled for Tuesday, June 25, 2013. The Joint Proxy Statement / Prospectus relating to the merger will be mailed to Knight stockholders and GETCO Class A, B and P unitholders on or about May 28, 2013.
Knight stockholders are invited to attend its special meeting of shareholders to be held at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at Knight's corporate headquarters located at 545 Washington Boulevard in Jersey City, NJ.
GETCO voting unitholders are invited to attend its special meeting at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at GETCO's New York office located at 165 Broadway in New York, NY.
Completion of the transaction is subject to Knight stockholder and GETCO unitholder approval, listing of the shares on the New York Stock Exchange, additional regulatory approvals, and the satisfaction of other customary closing conditions.After the close of the transaction, KCG common stock is expected to trade under the ticker symbol "KCG" on the New York Stock Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV