Reporting pre-market on Wednesday, Fresh Market (TFM) ($46.10) is below its 200-day SMA at $50.54. The weekly chart profile stays with a close this week above its five-week MMA at $43.61. My weekly value level is $42.82 with a quarterly risky level at $53.79.
Reporting pre-market on Thursday, Costco (COST) ($114.39) set a multi-year high at $114.72 on May 22. The weekly chart remains positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $109.39. My monthly value level is $108.32 with a quarterly pivot at $114.15.
Reporting pre-market on Thursday, Express (EXPR) ($19.20) set its 2013 high at $19.69 on May 22. The weekly chart profile stays positive with the five-week MMA at $18.53. My quarterly value level is $18.40 with a weekly pivot at $19.32 and quarterly risky level at $19.52.
Reporting pre-market on Thursday, Freds (FRED) ($15.25) set a 2013 at $15.69 on May 17. The weekly chart remains positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $14.59. My semiannual value level is $14.54 with a weekly pivot at $15.46 and semiannual risky level at $15.59.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV