NEW YORK, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Global sponsorship consulting leader, Octagon, took top honors in the competition for "Best in Corporate Consulting, Marketing and Client Services" at the 6 th annual Sports Business Awards sponsored by SportsBusiness Journal.
The award was presented in New York City at the Marriott Marquis in a ceremony attended by an industry audience of more than 650. In addition to the Consulting category, Octagon also was nominated for "Best in Talent Representation and Management".
Accepting the Consulting award were Octagon Worldwide President & CEO Rick Dudley and Jeff Shifrin, President, Octagon Marketing & Events.
"This award validates our position as the world's leader in sponsorship consulting, marketing and activation," Dudley said, reflecting on the honor. "As our business has become truly global, this is recognition of the big ideas and bold campaigns we develop for our clients around the world, from Europe to Australia to Asia and South Africa, to North America and our recent successes in Brazil."Shifrin pointed to the Sponsor of the Year competition where a record four of the six nominees were Octagon clients: Anheuser-Busch -- who won the award -- BMW of North America, The Coca-Cola Company and Sprint. "The list of Sponsor of the Year nominees suggests one main reason why we prevailed in the Marketing win…we work with great, A-list clients who challenge us and trust us to do exceptional work every day. We are very proud to play a central role in our clients' success," Shifrin said. Both executives cited the agency's staff as the key to its continued success. "We attract and maintain a cadre of our industry's best and brightest, whose professionalism and dedication to their clients is unmatched," Dudley said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV