ST. LOUIS, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Savvis, a CenturyLink company (NYSE: CTL) and global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions, today announced 10 expansions to its worldwide data center footprint.
The opening of new data centers in Hong Kong and London, paired with expansions of eight existing Savvis data centers, are in response to growing global demand for enterprise cloud, managed hosting, network and colocation services.
"Whether it's empowering stock trades in the global market, pulling data from the cloud to deliver life-saving medical treatments or simply sending e-cards to friends across the world, the foundational technology that makes it all possible resides in a data center," said Jeff Von Deylen, president of Savvis. "By expanding our footprint, we're giving businesses additional strategic, secure locations and interconnectivity opportunities for growing their capabilities and core business offerings through infrastructure outsourcing."The following expansions and additions offer approximately 85,000 square feet of new space to Savvis' global presence, boosting the company's total available data center space to more than 2.4 million square feet across more than 50 data centers located throughout North America, Europe and Asia:
- Boston (expansion completed in April 2013)
- Atlanta (expansion completed in April 2013)
- London ( addition completed in April 2013, plus separate facility expansion to be completed in September 2013)
- Singapore (completed expansion in April 2013)
- Washington, D.C. (expansion completed in May 2013)
- Dallas (expansion to be completed in July 2013)
- Piscataway, N.J. (expansion to be completed in August 2013)
- Tampa (expansion to be completed in October 2013)
- Hong Kong (addition to be completed in November 2013)