SHENZHEN, China, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd. (NYSE: NPD) ("Nepstar" or the "Company"), the largest retail drugstore chain in China based on the number of directly operated stores, today announced the appointment of Mr. Alan Au as a director of the Company with effect from May 24, 2013.
Mr. Au currently serves on the assessment panel of the Small Entrepreneur Research Assistance Program (SERAP) of the Hong Kong SAR Government. He is an independent non-executive director and chairman of the audit committee of Simcere Pharmaceutical Group (NYSE: SCR). Mr. Au was the head of Asia healthcare investment banking group for Deutsche Bank AG from 2011 to 2012. Prior to that, he was a director at JAFCO Asia Investment Group, responsible for healthcare investments in China from 2008 to 2011, and a director at Morningside Group, responsible for healthcare investments in Asia from 2000 to 2005. From 1995 to 1999, Mr. Au worked at KPMG and KPMG Corporate Finance Ltd., responsible for regional M&A transactions and financial advisory services.
Mr. Au is a Certified Public Accountant in the U.S. and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. He is an associate member of the Hong Kong Institute of Financial Analysts and member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Au received his Bachelor's degree in Psychology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1995, and a Master's degree in Management from Columbia Business School in New York in 2007.
Mr. Au will serve as a member of Nepstar's Board, Audit Committee and Compensation Committee.
About China Nepstar Chain Drugstore Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV