Bavarian Nordic Announces Presentation Of PROSTVAC(R) At The 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting
KVISTGAARD, Denmark, May 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA) announced today that a new planned trial of PROSTVAC® in combination with enzalutamide will be presented as "Trials in Progress" poster at the 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL from May 31 to June 4. Additionally, an abstract evaluating the safety profile of poxviral vaccines from 9 different clinical trials of PROSTVAC® and CV-301 has been published in connection with the conference.
- Abstract #TPS5104: "A randomized phase II clinical trial of enzalutamide in combination with the therapeutic cancer vaccine, PSA tricom, in metastatic, castration resistant prostate cancer" - General Poster Session, Genitourinary Prostate Cancer, Monday June 3, 2013 from 08:00 AM to 11:45 AM CT). http://abstracts2.asco.org/AbstView_132_116758.html
- Abstract #e16036: "Safety profile of recombinant poxviral TRICOM vaccines" http://abstracts2.asco.org/AbstView_132_115479.html
Visit the Bavarian Nordic booth, #5100, at ASCO to find out more about the PROSTVAC® and the PROSPECT clinical trial - a single global, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 study of PROSTVAC® in prostate cancer patients with metastatic disease who have failed hormone therapy.
Bavarian Nordic will also be hosting a PROSTVAC® update and reception on Saturday, June 1, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. Speakers include principal investigator for the PROSPECT trial, James L. Gulley, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Clinical Trials Group at the Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Biology at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), Neal D. Shore, MD, FACS, Medical Director for the Carolina Urologic Research Center and James Breitmeyer, President of Bavarian Nordic's Cancer Vaccine Division. For registration and more information on this event, visit http://www.bavarian-nordic.com/asco2013 .About Bavarian Nordic Bavarian Nordic is a vaccine-focused biotechnology company developing and producing novel vaccines for the treatment and prevention of life-threatening diseases with a large unmet medical need. The company's pipeline targets cancer and infectious diseases, and includes ten development programs. In oncology, the company's lead program is PROSTVAC®, a therapeutic vaccine candidate for advanced prostate cancer that is the subject of an ongoing pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial and is being developed under a collaboration agreement with the National Cancer Institute. In clinical Phase 1 and Phase 2 trials, PROSTVAC® has been tested in nearly 600 patients. In infectious diseases, the company's lead program is IMVAMUNE®, a non-replicating smallpox vaccine candidate that is being developed and supplied for emergency use to the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile under a contract with the U.S. Government. IMVAMUNE® is currently in clinical Phase 3 development and marketing authorization applications have been filed in EU and Canada. For more information, visit www.bavarian-nordic.com .
CONTACT: Anders Hedegaard, President & CEO Phone +45 23 20 30 64
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV