Secretary Of State John Kerry To Open AJC Global Forum June 2
NEW YORK, May 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will open the AJC 2013 Global Forum on Sunday, June 2, in Washington, D.C. Kerry's address to AJC, the premier global Jewish advocacy organization, will be his first to a Jewish group since the the Senate approved his appointment by President Obama four months ago.
Following Kerry, the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan, Czech Republic, Greece and Poland, Israel's Justice Minister and chief negotiator with the Palestinians, and, via video, the UN Secretary-General will be among the featured speakers during the June 2-4 AJC Global Forum.
The AJC Global Forum will bring together 1,500 participants from across the United States and 60 Jewish communities around the world."Our annual Global Forum is a unique, energizing, highly informative experience, a must for engaged Jewish advocates," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "The opportunity to learn from and speak directly to world leaders about critically important policy issues, as well as to engage with one another from across the Jewish world, is not to be missed." At the Statesmen's Forum on June 2, Azerbaijan Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov, Czech Foreign Minister Karel Schwarzenberg, and Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski will share their respective views on regional and global political and security challenges. Each country has important relations with the U.S., Israel, and the Jewish people. On the evening of June 3, at the World Leaders Plenary, Greek Foreign Minister Dimitris Avramopoulos, Israeli Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, and, via video, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, will speak. For Global Forum delegates, the annual conference is an opportunity to address critical issues on AJC's agenda. There are three other plenary sessions this year:
- "Confronting the Rise of Political Islam" will be explored in a panel discussion featuring Jeffrey Goldberg, National Correspondent, The Atlantic; Eran Lerman, Deputy for Foreign Policy and International Affairs, National Security Council of Israel; and Dalia Ziada, Executive Director, Ibn Khaldun Center for Development Studies in Cairo.
- "Immigration, Integration, and Identity: Building a Latino-Jewish Coalition" will be examined by a panel comprising Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Chairman, House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa; Dina Siegel Vann, Director of AJC's Latino and Latin American Institute; and another speaker to be announced. Ray Suarez of PBS NewsHour will be the moderator.
- The "Great Debate," another regular feature of the Global Forum, this year highlights two leading Israeli rabbis, Uri Regev and Shlomo Riskin, who will address the contentious issue of religious pluralism in Israel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV