A New King Of Louisiana Seafood Is Crowned
Coming in 2 nd place today was Chef Tommy DiGiovanni of Arnaud's in New Orleans with his Potato-Encrusted Cobia on Cauliflower Celeriac Puree, Tomato Jus and Pancetta Lardon. Chef Guy Sockrider of Tomas Bistro in New Orleans placed 3 rd for his Pecan-Crusted Gulf Cobia with Crab and Pecan Relish.
Judges for the cook-off included Rein Fertel, contributing writer to national and regional publications, including Garden & Gun Magazine; Chef Tenney Flynn, Executive Chef of GW Fins; Errol Laborde, Editor-in-Chief of Louisiana Life Magazine; and, Megan Murphy, New York-based food writer, blogger, host and creator of ThisGirlCanEat.com. Chefs Keith and Nealy Frentz, the 2012 King and Queen of Louisiana Seafood and co-owners of LOLA Restaurant in Covington, LA, presented the crown during the coronation of the new King of Louisiana Seafood.
" Louisiana has some of the best seafood in the country and I admire all of the chefs participating today," said Murphy. "Chef Carroll's dish set the bar very high and I kept thinking of his dish throughout the competition."
The Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off was supported by Louisiana Life Magazine, McIlhenny Company/TABASCO® Brand Products, Louisiana Restaurant Association (LRA), and the Louisiana Office of Tourism. For more information about the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board and the Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off, visit www.LouisianaSeafood.com and www.louisianaseafoodcookoff.comThe LSPMB was created in 1984 by the state of Louisiana to support their vast historical commercial fisheries industry. The Board is composed of 15 members and each member represents a sector of the industry: harvesters, processors, wholesalers, restaurateurs/retailers, fisheries resource managers, public health officers and marketing specialists. SOURCE Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV