LOS ANGELES, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. (OTCQB: SAPX) ("Seven Arts" or the "Company") became aware that the public relations agency of an entity known to the Company only as "IFSG" has issued defamatory and fraudulent statements regarding the activities of the Company at the recent Cannes Film Festival. IFSG is unknown to the Company, and the Company has not been able to locate any office or registered address. IFSG may be an assignee of another entity that may have invested a limited amount of money in a motion picture project of Seven Arts Pictures plc ("PLC"), the Company's listing predecessor, which is in a creditor's liquidation proceeding in England. The Company believes that any claims of that entity would be only as an investor in the project, and any claims would need to be presented in respect of PLC in the United Kingdom, including any claims with respect to affiliates of PLC.
No actions have been filed against the Company or any of its affiliates by any party in connection with the above-referenced motion picture, and no claims have been threatened despite the defamatory and fraudulent statements made by IFSG.
In contradiction of the many false and defamatory statements by IFSG:
- The possible investor has no liens whatsoever on the distribution proceeds of any produced and distributed Seven Arts motion pictures and no distributors, of course, have any liability whatsoever to the investor.
- The single possible investment was done on a private basis as co-producer is not a "fraudulent investment scam" in any sense of the word, and all risks were properly disclosed to the one investor who was a personal friend of the director.
- All monies invested in the development and pre-production of motion picture projects by PLC were used as intended.
- There is no investigation of the possible investment in the motion picture project by any agency in the United States, the United Kingdom or elsewhere.
- The claims against PLC resulting in its liquidation had not been made and were not made until the summer of 2011. Of course, these claims were unknown to PLC when the investment by Altitude was made in the fall of 2009, as is a matter of public record.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV