Building Medical Affairs Capabilities To Ensure Organizational Success Across Key Operational Areas
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Regulatory and marketplace changes have pushed Medical Affairs to the forefront of many organizations' priority list.
Forward-thinking companies across the biopharmaceutical and medical device sectors understand a strong Medical Affairs function is essential to meeting current challenges in clinical development, market education, and regulatory compliance. These areas must operate effectively to create a vital bridge between an organization and one of the most critical stakeholders in the healthcare marketplace: physicians.
Appropriate spending and staffing across these activities is one of the challenges facing the Medical Affairs function as it attempts to balance its growing role across the organization.
According to recent research from Best Practices, LLC, the budget allocation for Medical Science Liaisons increased from 11% in 2009 to 18% of total Medical Affairs spend in 2012. Outcomes Research also increased to nearly 10% of budget in 2012, up from 2% in 2009." Building Best-in-Class Capabilities in Medical Affairs" is a report that opens a window into these types of trends within the Medical Affairs function. Beyond trends in budget and staffing, the 116-page report provides benchmark metrics and insights that:
- Illustrate how leading Pharmaceutical and Medical Device companies structure and organize their Medical Affairs functions based on industry and market changes.
- Identify trends expected to impact the allocation of resources across different Medical Affairs functions.
- Analyze how regulatory requirements are internalized and managed by Medical Affairs.
- Describe the success factors and top current challenges regarding Medical Affairs.
- Identify what percentage of MA budget leading companies allocate for outsourcing spending.
- Trace how successful Medical Affairs organizations work cross-functionally to enhance effectiveness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV