Memorial Day Survey And Infographic Reveal Surprising Information About Memorial Day Plans
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dealsplus has just released its Memorial Day infographic, which highlights some surprising facts about its members' intentions this Memorial Day. Traditionally, Memorial Day Weekend kicks off the summer movie season but Dealsplus' survey indicates that Hollywood may be disappointed this year, with only 3% of respondents planning on seeing a movie, about the same number of people who indicated they will be shopping for a car.
According to Dealsplus' CEO, Kiha Lee, "Most people in our industry want to talk purely about the best Memorial Day sales or the hottest Memorial Day deals, Dealspl.us already does a great job of that, we wanted to focus on what our members are thinking about doing this Memorial Day."
Survey ResultsThe survey of Dealsplus users revealed that while many people are planning on traveling for the holiday (about 37%), a large number of people look to be preparing for the arrival of summer and the D.I.Y. season:
- 10% are looking to buy new appliances;
- 11% are shopping for furniture; and
- 16% are thinking about adding to their home and garden supplies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV