DEARBORN, Mich., May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Forty-seven of Ford's top-performing suppliers received World Excellence Awards for 2012
- A special honor was given to 35 suppliers who demonstrated the Go Further mindset and continuous pursuit of excellence in the face of unforeseen business challenges
- Ford's supplier partners are recognized for achieving the highest level of excellence in key areas including quality, cost performance and delivery
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) hosted its 15th annual World Excellence Awards (WEA) ceremony Thursday evening to celebrate 47 of its top-performing global suppliers in 2012.
Tony Brown, group vice president, global purchasing, thanked the suppliers for their contribution to delivering high-quality products to Ford customers.
"Our partnership with our suppliers played a pivotal role in the progress we made on the One Ford plan in 2012," said Brown. "Our WEA winners have shown a dedication to excellence. Thank you for helping Ford serve customers with the best vehicles in the world."The WEA honors production and nonproduction suppliers. The award-winning suppliers represent thousands of employees across the globe who bring diverse cultures, values and ideas to Ford Motor Company. There are three types of awards to recognize these top suppliers:
- Gold is awarded to the top 5 percent of qualifying suppliers who demonstrated superior quality, delivery and cost performance
- Silver recognizes the top 10 percent of qualifying suppliers who excelled in quality, cost and delivery
- Recognition of Achievement is given to suppliers who improve customer satisfaction by providing significant contributions in key areas – New Consumer-Focused Technology, Consumer-Driven 6-Sigma, Durability and Reliability Performance, Corporate Responsibility, Supplier Diversity Development and Community Service