DALLAS, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) extended its record of delivering value to shareholders in 2012 as the company successfully executed the largest capital investment program in its history, President and Chief Executive Officer Jim Robo said at the company's annual meeting on May 23.
In a Business Update, Robo reviewed the company's major accomplishments:
- Florida Power & Light Company, NextEra Energy's principal rate-regulated utility subsidiary, invested more than $4 billion in 2012 to continue to strengthen a customer value proposition that includes high reliability, award-winning customer service, a clean emissions profile and the lowest typical residential customer bill in Florida. The Florida Public Service Commission approved a four-year settlement to FPL's rate case that the company believes is fair for both customers and shareholders, and FPL successfully completed Extended Power Uprates at the St. Lucie units 1 and 2 and Turkey Point unit 3 nuclear facilities.
- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, the company's competitive energy business, added roughly 1,500 MW of new U.S. wind projects to its portfolio in 2012, marking the largest wind program ever completed in the U.S. in a single year. The company's wind portfolio operates in 19 states and four Canadian provinces, representing a total capital investment of more than $15 billion.
- Lone Star Transmission, LLC, the company's 330-mile rate-regulated transmission line in Texas, was energized on time and under budget earlier in 2013. NextEra Energy's nearly $7 billion in investments in the state also includes more than 5,400 megawatts of generating capacity and the Texas-based retail electricity provider Gexa, which serves more than 200,000 residential and industrial customers across 14 states and the District of Columbia.
"NextEra Energy had a terrific 2012," Robo said. "Each of our major businesses contributed to our successful performance, and we had our best year ever for safety. NextEra Energy has highly visible growth opportunities through 2016 that are supported by one of the strongest balance sheets in the industry."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV