- Florida Power & Light Company, NextEra Energy's principal rate-regulated utility subsidiary, invested more than $4 billion in 2012 to continue to strengthen a customer value proposition that includes high reliability, award-winning customer service, a clean emissions profile and the lowest typical residential customer bill in Florida. The Florida Public Service Commission approved a four-year settlement to FPL's rate case that the company believes is fair for both customers and shareholders, and FPL successfully completed Extended Power Uprates at the St. Lucie units 1 and 2 and Turkey Point unit 3 nuclear facilities.
- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, the company's competitive energy business, added roughly 1,500 MW of new U.S. wind projects to its portfolio in 2012, marking the largest wind program ever completed in the U.S. in a single year. The company's wind portfolio operates in 19 states and four Canadian provinces, representing a total capital investment of more than $15 billion.
- Lone Star Transmission, LLC, the company's 330-mile rate-regulated transmission line in Texas, was energized on time and under budget earlier in 2013. NextEra Energy's nearly $7 billion in investments in the state also includes more than 5,400 megawatts of generating capacity and the Texas-based retail electricity provider Gexa, which serves more than 200,000 residential and industrial customers across 14 states and the District of Columbia.
NextEra Energy Delivered Strong Performance In 2012 And Is Positioned Well For Future Growth, President And CEO Tells Shareholders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts