One stock that's within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is Tesla Motors ( TSLA), which designs, develops, manufactures and sells high-performance fully electric vehicles and advanced electric vehicle powertrain components. This stock has been on fire so far in 2013, with shares up 180%.
If you take a look at the chart for Tesla Motors, you'll notice that this stock recently pulled back off its all-time high of $97.12 a share to its recent low at just under $85 a share. That pullback came on much lighter volume than the upside volume we saw as shares of TSLA soared post-earnings from just under $65 to that $97.12 high. Shares of TSLA are now breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance at $95 a share and it's quickly moving within range of taking out its all-time high at $97.12 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV