2. As of noon trading, GameStop ( GME) is down $3.14 (-8.7%) to $32.87 on heavy volume Thus far, 6.9 million shares of GameStop exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $32.61-$35.44 after having opened the day at $35.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.01. GameStop Corp. operates as a video game retailer. GameStop has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the retail industry. Shares are up 44.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates GameStop as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full GameStop Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts