2. As of noon trading, TJX Companies ( TJX) is up $0.40 (0.80) to $50.70 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $49.82-$50.70 after having opened the day at $50.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.30. The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. TJX Companies has a market cap of $36.2 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full TJX Companies Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts