Plotkin said CFIUS and the Department of Homeland Security have been "jawboning" telecom companies for several years to make sure their equipment suppliers don't cause security concerns. In that vein, "CFIUS wants to have some oversight of the supply chain for Sprint," he said.
One risk arbitrageur tracking the deal attributed Dish's continued focus on the purported security risks to Dish chairman Charlie Ergen's determination not to give up any avenue that will help him get a deal done. "It's just a personality trait of Charlie Ergen," the source said.
Written by William McConnell in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV