If Jerry Fishman were somehow listening in, I'd imagine him smiling from ear to ear. His legacy continues and ADI will strive to live up to its intentions for a bright future. On the company Web site, I found these words that echo the attitude and spirit that Fishman infused into ADI for the almost 22 years of his leadership:
"Despite our great history, we are confident that the best years for our company lie before us. We will continue to build upon ADI's traditions of innovation, performance, and excellence to forge ahead and to conquer new technological frontiers. We invite each of you, whether you are a shareholder, a customer or one of our talented employees, to join us on our exciting journey."
Disclosure: At the time of publication the author is not long nor short any of the companies mentioned in this article.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV