Capstead Mortgage Corporation (NYSE: CMO) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.10%. Capstead Mortgage Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.94. The average volume for Capstead Mortgage Corporation has been 736,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Capstead Mortgage Corporation has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Capstead Mortgage Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for CAPSTEAD MORTGAGE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 94.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 59.57% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- CMO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CAPSTEAD MORTGAGE CORP's earnings per share declined by 29.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CAPSTEAD MORTGAGE CORP reported lower earnings of $1.50 versus $1.75 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 13.0% in earnings ($1.31 versus $1.50).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has decreased by 22.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $45.17 million to $34.92 million.
- You can view the full Capstead Mortgage Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts