El Paso Pipeline Partners (NYSE: EPB) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.70%. El Paso Pipeline Partners, L.P. engages in the ownership and operation of interstate natural gas transportation and terminaling facilities in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.87. The average volume for El Paso Pipeline Partners has been 427,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. El Paso Pipeline Partners has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 17.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates El Paso Pipeline Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 30.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EPB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 16.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $149.00 million to $174.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS LP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EL PASO PIPELINE PARTNERS LP is currently very high, coming in at 76.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 45.07% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $276.00 million or 32.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.28%.
- You can view the full El Paso Pipeline Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts