DALLAS, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cushing ® MLP Total Return Fund (NYSE: SRV) declared a quarterly distribution for the fiscal quarter ending May 31, 2013 of $0.225 per common share. The Fund's distribution will be payable on June 20, 2013 to shareholders of record on June 12, 2013. The ex-date for the Fund's distribution is June 10, 2013.
It is anticipated but not certain that a majority of the Fund's distribution will be treated as a return of capital. The final determination of such amounts will be made and reported to shareholders in early 2014, after the end of the calendar year when the Fund determines its earnings and profits for the year. The final tax status of the distribution may differ substantially from this preliminary information.
The Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company with an investment objective of seeking a high after-tax total return from a combination of capital appreciation and current income. The Fund seeks to achieve its investment objective by investing, under normal market conditions, at least 80% of its net assets, plus any borrowings for investment purposes, in master limited partnership (MLP) investments. The Fund is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "SRV."The Fund is managed by Cushing ® MLP Asset Management, LP. No assurance can be given that the Fund's investment objective will be achieved. ABOUT CUSHING ® MLP ASSET MANAGEMENT, LP Cushing, a subsidiary of Swank Capital, is an SEC-registered investment adviser headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Cushing serves as investment adviser to affiliated funds and managed accounts which invest primarily in securities of MLPs and other natural resource companies. As of April 30, 2013, Cushing had approximately $2.7 billion of assets under management in closed-end funds, mutual funds, privately offered funds and separately managed accounts. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV