LOS ANGELES, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern California based Food 4 Less is pleased to announce that it is raising funds for the USO (United Service Organizations) to support our nation's service men and women and their families through a program called "Honoring Our Heroes." In addition, the supermarket chain's Foods Co Division is collecting donations for the USO's programs and services.
Food 4 Less and Foods Co customers and associates can "honor our heroes" in the military by donating their spare change in collection canisters located at the checkstands in their neighborhood Food 4 Less stores in Southern California, southern Nevada and greater Chicago, and Foods Co supermarkets in Central and Northern California.
The "Honoring Our Heroes" USO fund-raising campaign will run from May 26 through August 17, 2013."We want to do everything we can to show our troops that we care and to help them during these challenging times." said Bryan Kaltenbach, President of Food 4 Less/Foods Co. "We are proud to support the USO and all of the wonderful things they have been doing for our military and their families." All monies collected through the "Honoring Our Heroes" fundraising program will be donated directly to the USO to support its programs, entertainment and other services for our service men and women. Since 2010, Food 4 Less/Foods Co has provided more than $175,000 to support the USO.
About Food 4 Less/Foods Co Headquartered in Los Angeles, Food 4 Less operates 146 price-impact, warehouse-format supermarkets under the banners Food 4 Less in Southern California, Nevada, Illinois and Indiana, and Foods Co in Central and Northern California. Food 4 Less is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE:KR), one of the nation's largest grocery retailers, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information about Food 4 Less, please visit our website at www.food4less.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV