LOS ANGELES, May 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralphs Grocery Company is pleased to announce that it is raising funds for the USO (United Service Organization) to support our nation's service men and women and their families through a program called "Honoring Our Heroes."
Ralphs customers and associates can "honor our heroes" in the military by donating their spare change in collection canisters located at the checkstands in their neighborhood Ralphs supermarket. The "Honoring Our Heroes" USO fund-raising campaign will run from May 26 through August 17, 2013.
"We salute our troops and thank them for the sacrifices they make to protect us," said Donna Giordano, Ralphs president. "Ralphs is delighted to be able to help our troops through our support of local USO chapters."
All monies collected through Ralphs "Honoring Our Heroes" fundraising program will be donated directly to the USO to support its programs, entertainment and other services for our service men and women."We are very proud to show our support of the U.S. military by raising funds for the USO," said Giordano. "The USO's mission is important in letting active duty military personnel know the citizens of the United States appreciate their efforts." Since 2010, Ralphs has provided more than $400,000 to support the USO. About RalphsRalphs Grocery Company was founded in 1873 and currently operates 240 supermarkets from its headquarters in Los Angeles. Ralphs is a subsidiary of The Kroger Co., (NYSE:KR), one of the nation's largest food retailers, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. For more about Ralphs, please visit our web site at www.ralphs.com. SOURCE Ralphs Grocery Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV