Mosaic Co Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MOS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- MOS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MOS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.82, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.56% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.52% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MOS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Chemicals industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 26.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $273.30 million to $344.60 million.
- MOSAIC CO has improved earnings per share by 26.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MOSAIC CO reported lower earnings of $4.40 versus $5.62 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.8% in earnings ($4.10 versus $4.40).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts